During our Spring Term LPS Review Week, the PVG and AoLE Leader undertook a workbook scrutiny, listening to learners session and a staff questionnaire.
We identified the following strengths related to our Action Plan:
- From listening to learners and staff it is evident that the RE profile has been raised significantly at LPS.
- From analysing INCERTS, it was evident that nearly all children are achieving at or above expected levels in RE.
- From looking in pupil workbooks, it was evident that in nearly all classes RE is being delivered every half term.
- There is good evidence of differentiation in all workbooks monitored.
- Standards of children's work and expectations are clearly high throughout all classes.
Our next steps are:
- Further embed RE into the Cornerstone map by adding Cornerstone topics. Coverage to be monitored in next Review Week.
- Use ELRS resources to enhance each religion. Ensure all staff are aware of their location and usage.
- Book visits and visitors to further enhance and raise the profile of RE at LPS.
- Update Humanities Curriculum Map with RE Cornerstones projects and ESDGC areas, in order to streamline the planning of Humanities.