During our LPS Review week, members of the Pupil Voice Group and the AoLe leader undertook classroom visits, Workbook Scrutiny and Listening to Learners activities, and then fed back to our allocated school governor.
We identified the following strengths related to our Action Plan:
- Most classes have demonstrated and produced work based on the new ICT scheme of work - tailored to help LPS take steps towards the new Science & Technology curriculum for 2022.
- Due to the scheme of work, there has been a range of ICT activities undertaken – demonstrating an increase confidence in teaching approaches by staff. This is demonstrated through work scrutiny, for example activities such as coding, image manipulation and movie making have all been undertaken this term, at a very high standard.
- Pupils within the PVG have made improvements with their DCF skills, communicating their work to the wider community – e.g. monitoring feedback to governor, helping improve their own leadership, as well as helped subject progression.
- All of Upper KS2 have adopted the science planning board approach, resulting in a streamlined approach in that phase and consequently leading to very good science planning standards within pupils' science planning inquiries.
- Progress reports have shown that the minimum criteria for the 360 Safe Cymru - Online Safety Award have been met.
- The science planning board approach has been adopted in nearly all FP classes, which has streamlined the inquiry planning approach throughout the school.
- All KS2 classes have adopted the science planning board approach.
Our next steps are:
- Feedback to teachers, to ensure that the new ICT scheme of work is being followed and offer support and resources. This will ensure the children will have access to a wide variety of ICT applications and skills to enhance their understanding and ICT development.
- Promote more practical STEM activities which will enable children to enhance application of key and wider skills across all areas of learning.
- Monitor how the science planning board approach has impacted learners and improved planning inquiry standards.
- Apply for the 360 Safe Cymru - Online Safety Award to demonstrate that LPS ,and the wider community, is a secure and safe community online.