During our Spring Term LPS Review week, the Pupil Voice Group and AoLE Leader undertook Workbook Scrutiny and Listening to Learners activities.
We identified the following strengths related to our Action Plan:
- There are fantastic examples of a broad range of mathematical based activities linked closely to the class topic.
- Across the school, most pupils produce work which is equal to that in their Maths lessons.
- In all classes, most learners are challenged to work at or above the expected level for their year group.
- There are clear steps of progression throughout the year groups.
- Teachers are planning creatively, to a high standard, in order to teach and link such a rich variety of Maths within their Cornerstones Topic.
- In Foundation Phase, pupils continue to demonstrate independent application of numeracy skills by selecting Numeracy Challenges to complete.
- In KS2, All classes provide Numeracy Missions that build on skills recently taught through Maths lessons.
- Many pupils produce work in their Mission or Challenge Book which is equal to that in their Maths lessons.
- In all classes, more able learners are consistently working above the expected level for their year group.
Our next steps are:
- Further develop Numeracy across the Curriculum (Mega Maths).
- Further develop Pupil Led Learning (Numeracy Missions).
- Monitor coverage of LPS Numeracy Scheme.