During our Spring Term LPS Review Week, the PVG and AoLE Leader undertook Workbook Scrutiny, Listening to Learners and a Pupil Questionnaire.
We identified the following strengths related to our Action Plan:
- All classes are using their challenge boards and topic webs to generate Expressive Arts ideas to develop and improve independent learning and higher order thinking.
- All classes are completing art activities through their challenges and missions. A few classes are completing music and drama activities through their challenges and missions. The impact this is having is that the children are being creative and expressing themselves in different ways. They are developing important skills, both those specific to the expressive arts and those which are transferable.
- All classes are carrying out art activities during class lessons linked to their Cornerstone topics. A few classes are completing music and drama activities linked to their Cornerstone topics. This plays a vital role in enabling the children in LPS to enhance their creative talent and develop their artistic skills.
Our next steps are:
- Ensuring that music and drama activities are planned for and taught in class lessons linked to the Cornerstone topics, and that the children in LPS carry out music and drama activities through their challenges and missions.
- Ensuring that all classes are using percussion instruments to assist them with composing, performing and appraising their musical compositions.
- Hosting music week during the summer term to celebrate and appreciate music within LPS.