During our Spring Term LPS Review Week, the PVG and AoLE Leader undertook Workbook Scrutiny, Listening to Learners and Lesson Observations.
We identified the following strengths related to our Action Plan:
- In nearly all classes, real life texts were being used during reading time to enrich learning and learner's experiences.
- The use of real-life texts linked to topics and themes were used as a stimulus for debate. This has had a clear impact on discussions and debate, improving Oracy skills while discussing current affairs such as pollution and recycling.
- When interviewed by the Criw Iaith, the majority of children stated that they enjoy reading and would like to have an area in the playground to sit and read at playtime and lunchtimes. This demonstrates further evidence of how children are displaying a love of reading and wish to choose to read in their free-time.
Our next steps are:
- In order to further enrich learner’s vocabulary and standards of written work, Wow Words and topic vocabulary can be collected on class displays or in Mission books to refer to and use in their future class work.
- To further develop the use of Welsh guided reading books within reading time in KS2.
- To further develop the use of the LPS Spelling scheme across the school.