We identified the following strengths within the Humanities AoLE:
- Through the development of a Humanities Curriculum Map , nearly all staff now have a greater confidence in the planning and teaching of Humanities.
- As a result of an increased range of learning experiences being provided for in RE, most children are now more culturally aware and value their own beliefs and that of others.
- Geography and History continue to be covered well throughout LPS to a high standard. There is strong evidence of cross-curricular learning experiences, which has had a positive impact on most children's key skills.
- The Humanities PVG continue to work and plan with the Health & Well-Being PVG, in order to work towards the Silver Award for the Rights Respecting School, so that all pupils will have a wider understanding of what the Rights of the Child are and how they affect them.
- The Eco-Warriors have carried out a new Environmental Review across the school and have written up a new action plan from their findings. We are working towards our second Green Flag Award, by being more environmentally aware. By sharing this good practise with the rest of the school, most children and the wider community are benefiting from an increased understanding in this area.
- Standards of Humanities continue to be high across the school with children achieving above or expected levels in each area of Humanities.
Our next steps are:
- To provide resources and materials to further develop pupils understanding of their local and national welsh heritage and culture, in order for them to gain an identity of their place within their local community and within Wales.
- To continue working alongside the Health & Well-Being PVG to achieve the Silver Award for Rights Respecting Schools, so that all pupils will have a wider understanding of what the Rights of the Child are and how they affect them.
- To develop children's understanding of the ESDGC strands, in order to raise awareness and ensure that children are given a broad range of experiences in this area.