- July 2021 Newsletter 12th July 2021
- June 2021 Newsletter 28th May 2021
- Llangyfelach Primary School receives award for Online Safety 7th May 2021
WHAT HAVE WE BEEN UP TO THIS WEEK?
This week we have been out for lots of walks - some in the sun and some in the rain! On one of our walks we saw a Dragonfly! The poor Dragonfly had a broken wing! We managed to see it very close up. He was beautiful! Our class plants are coming along nicely too! All the great weather we have had has helped them to grow! We have been watering them everyday.
Well done to you all on your last task! This week I have set a task on MyMaths for you based on time. Time can be a tricky topic so I've also added some extra resources which you may want to watch and play before completing your MyMaths activity.
This week your task has been set on Giglets. Use Oxford Owl, for your second text. Select a book from there at your correct level. If you have not tried it, go online, join for free and you can select all the reading books that we have in school and more!
SIGHT WORD SPELLINGS
Sight words are tricky as lots of them can not be sounded out or have no pattern! You just need to learn them or remember funny rhymes to help you spell them. Each week we will take five at a time in order to learn them carefully. Spellings can be found in the usual place.
This week we are going to focus on another popular Minibeast! Lots of you wanted to find out more about Ladybirds! I've added lots of resources for you to find out more about them.
This week we are focusing on Explanation texts. Explanation texts explain something to someone else.
So this week we are going to draw a diagram of a lifecycle of a ladybird. Can you add your own explanation sentences to each picture? Try to start your sentences with First, Next, After that, Then, Finally.
1. Use the resources below to find the information you need.
2. Draw your diagram of the lifecycle of a ladybird. You may want to draw this in a circle as the lifecycle continues and never stops. This was similar to our lifecycle of a flower that we did in our last topic.
3. Add the sentences to each picture starting with our special time connectives in bold above.