In the top left-hand corner select 'Curriculum for Wales'. Then, from the 'Library', choose 'Using Number Skills'. Then select 'Ratio'. I would like you to try, 'Modelling ratio' to recap previous work. Select the 'Lesson' to help you understand before completing the 'Online Homework' task.
Don't forget to select the 'Lesson' before attempting the 'Online Homework' task.
Don't forget there is also a selection of Maths websites on the Year 5 class page - click here to view.
Think about your learning on plants so far and write a plant based poem - you could focus on the appearance, description, colours, size, the life cycle, functions, etc. Don't forget to share your work with me, or even better, record yourself reading the poem and I can post it on the class page for others to see.
There are two books for you to read. Once you have read them carefully, complete the tasks assigned.
Book 1: The Flight of Icarus - Higher Order Thinking Skills (email me your work)
Book 2: East of the Sun and West of the Moon - Reading (prepartion for task next week)
Answer the following questions, step-by-step in order to create the plan for the science experiment. It is up to you if you wish to carry out the experiment. Send me evidence of your plans by email - you can present the work in any way you want e.g. Word Document, PowerPoint, Video. Please email me any queries you have.
Enquiry title: Does the type of liquid given to a seed effect plant growth?
1) Research: What is needed for plants to grow?
2) Method: How will you carry out the experiment?
- Explain the process step-by-step:
- What equipment will you use?
- What type of seeds will you use? Will they be the same? Why?
- What liquids will you use? How much will you use? (e.g. 50ml water, 50ml of coke, etc)
- How long will you leave the seeds to grow? How often will you check?
- How will you record your results?
3) Predict: Based on your research, what do you think the best liquid is for plant growth? Why?
4) Success Criteria: What will you need to think about for this enquiry to work? Give reasons why.
Your spelling words are available for you to learn - a family member could test you on Friday.
You could also complete the activities from Friday's Spelling lesson - sentences, definitions and 'words within words'. Don't forget to share your work with me.