Your homework task has been set for this week on MyMaths. Don't forget you can also practice any of the lessons by clicking on the 'Practice' tab after you login - remember to look at the 'Lesson' before attempting the questions.
Your tasks have been set on Reading Eggspress. Don't forget you can also access lots of reading books using the Library on the platform too. Use the scrolling option at the top of the library to select the age to increase or decrease the difficulty of the text.
Task 1: Discussion Text - Should we continue to use plastic?
Following last week's work where you wrote about both sides of the argument, we can now write the conclusion of our discussion text. This is where you will summarise the arguments for both sides and give your opinion on whether we should continue to use plastic or not. Make sure that you provide reasons for your decision.
Task 2: Oceans of the World
Well done for continuing your research and adding to your Oceans of the World fact file! This week I would like you to add to this presentation and research the Arctic Ocean. You can include in your fact file information on:
Here is a useful website to get you started:
Task 3: Sea Creature Database
This week, I would like you to create a database about your favourite sea creatures. You will need to include at least 5 sea creatures in your database. The five types of data that you will need to include are:
In order to create a database, you will need to:
1. Log in to Hwb, click on Menu, and choose Just2Easy.
2. Click on the tile 'J2Data'.
3. Click on the 'Database' option.
4. Input the field names, types and units required as shown in the picture below. Click on the 'add field' button underneath the first field in order to add more.
5. Click on the blue 'form' tab and give your database a title. For example, 'Sea Creatures Database'.
6. Click on the blue 'form' tab again, where you will be able to start inputting your data. Save each creature to start a new record. Here is an example of what it will look like:
7. Share your work with me by clicking on the 'share' button and entering my email address.
National Marine Aquarium
The National Marine Aquarium are launching free live lessons via their Youtube channel over the next few weeks. They will take place every Friday at 1pm. This week's session on the 12th of February is 'Megafauna'.
Click here to access the website and view the lessons!