- July 2021 Newsletter 12th July 2021
- June 2021 Newsletter 28th May 2021
- Llangyfelach Primary School receives award for Online Safety 7th May 2021
Fun Literacy ideas:
- Use chalk outside to write your letters and words big
- Get a big roll of old wallpaper, roll it out and do some rainbow writing (use different colours to write words). You can even make foot and hand prints using paint on your roll of paper
- Use post it notes to write sounds and 2/3 letter words on. Put these around the house, on the fridge, iPad. You have to read the word before you can have access! Even better, use a nerf gun to shoot the words and shout them out.
- Use white board and pens to write tricky words or high frequency words. Why not try and beat the timer?
- Use Hairy letters and Eggy Phonics apps to practice your handwriting
- Pegs, playdough, tweezers and scissors are great for improving fine motor skills
Fun Maths ideas:
- Use chalk outside to make a hopscotch- you can count in 1s, 2s, 5s or 10s.
- Get a big roll of old wallpaper, roll it out and make a car park. Write sums in the carpark spaces and label the cars with numbers. Direct the cars to the correct space.
- Use post it notes to write sums and numbers on. Put these around the house, on the fridge, iPad. You have to read the number or work out the sum before you can have access! Even better, use a nerf gun to shoot the numbers and shout them out.
- Play bowling with skittles- write numbers on them. Add up how many you have knocked down.