From using the LPS Question Matrix, the children in Year 3 generated six questions that they would like to investigate and learn about this term. These questions are:
- What are World Landmarks?
- Why is it a different time all over the world?
- What are the capital cities in the world?
- What animals are native to what countries?
- Does everyone in the world take part in the Olympics?
- Who invented the aeroplane?
- How long does it take to get to different places in the world?
- How hot or cold can different countries get?
The children also came up with some activities they would like to do linking to some of the Areas of Learning:
- Create powerpoints about different countries (ICT)
- Create maps (Humanities)
- Invent own mode of transport (DT)
- Learn a traditional dance from another country (Expressive Arts)
- Role play in a travel agents (Expressive Arts)
- Listen to music from other countries (Expressive Arts)