Ingredients you need:
200g plain flour
65g caster sugar (plus extra for dusting)
125g salted butter (soft)
1 egg yolk
1 pack of chocolate chips.
Equipment you need:
What to do:
1. Firstly, turn the oven on to 160C, and put a sheet of greaseproof paper on a baking tray.
2. Secondly, sift the flour into the mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar and egg yolk, and mix all the ingredients together by hand to make a dough.
3. Then, add the chocolate chips and kneed the dough for a little while.
4. After that, sprinkle some flour on the work surface, and roll out the dough so it is about 1cm thick.
5. Then, use your favourite cookie cutters to cut cookie shapes out of your dough.
6. Next, place your cookie shapes onto the baking tray. Leave room between the cookies.
7. Then, bake for about 10 minutes. Ask a grown up to help you put them in and take them out of the oven, because it will be very hot.
8. Finally, when they have cooled slightly, place them on a wire rack to cool completely. You can sprinkle some caster sugar on them if you like.
Enjoy making these cookies and send me some pictures of them if you want!