RCSIG - Regional Consortia Support Improvement Grant
This action plan focuses on raising standards for all, reducing the attainment gap, and delivering an education system that is a source of pride and public confidence, which are our overarching aspirations for education in Wales.
- Foundation Phase support staff classroom and intervention structure
- Classroom based intervention and focused groups sessions
- Provision of ongoing assessment strategies to monitor progress of all pupils
- Provision of effective Literacy strategies such as guided reading, handwriting, phonics, Rapid Reading and Speech Link.
- Provision of effective Numeracy strategies such as Numicon, Dienes, focused groups, challenges, reasoning and Missions tasks.
- Encouraging independence, creativity and self directed learning, through the Foundation Phase ethos and our Challenge approach to planning, allowing for the pupils to have a voice.
- Enabling pupils to use ICT/DCF skills effectively across the curriculum and areas of learning.
- Providing rich practical learning opportunities both inside and in the outdoors as appropriate.
- Teaching assistants deployed effectively to support all learners.
Outcomes & Impact
- Improve provision and attainment for learners in the Foundation Phase in Key and Wider skills.
- Maintain staffing ratios in Foundation Phase to be in order to provide optimum levels of support for pupils in the Foundation Phase.
- Provide and deliver effective learning through play and group learning activities.
- Improved standards in Literacy, Numeracy and PSD, Wellbeing & Creative Development across the phase.
- Increased pupil voice within the planning process resulting in improved pupil independence and self directed learning.
- Increased rich learning opportunities provided in both the indoors and outdoors.
- Teaching assistants deployed effectively impacting on learning progress.
6 x Full Time TA Cost = £95,780
RCSIG Funding = £95,780