- Llangyfelach Primary School receives award for Online Safety 7th May 2021
- May 2021 Newsletter 5th May 2021
- April 2021 Newsletter 8th April 2021
We have introduced the sounds: 's a t p i n' to the children in class.
1. For homework please consolidate the letters by using their sound only. You will find the letters in an envelope stapled to your child's homework book.
2. When the children are confident with each letter sound, use the sounds to make the two and three letter words below. Call out a word and encourage your child to choose the card which has the first sound, then repeat the word and ask your child to choose the middle sound then final sound.
3. When confident making three letter words make a word e.g pan, then ask your child to change pan to pin etc.
When the children are blending words confidently we will begin to send home reading books which also encourage blending. This will be done at the developmental stage of your child. If you have any questions please let me know.
Also attached to their homework books are the characters from the reading books. Please encourage your children to familiarise themselves with all the characters.
Two/ three letter words: